A missional community is a community of Christians, on mission with God in obedience to the Holy Spirit, who demonstrate tangibly and declare creatively the gospel of Jesus Christ to a pocket of people.
Last fall, my friend Jon Dansby and I wrote a few short articles to recast some vision to our church about missional communities. They’re a helpful overview of some basic convictions and practices of missional communities at The Austin Stone.
- Why Missional Communities?
- What is a Missional Community?
- MC Practice 1 – Life Transformation Groups
- MC Practice 2 – Third Place
- MC Practice 3 – Family Meeting
- MC Wrap Up
I’ll be covering these practices briefly in my talk at the Verge Conference tomorrow. You can tune in here: http://www.vergenetwork.org/webcast/
Let me know what you think!