I’m sitting in the passenger seat on my way to the inlaws’ family thanksgiving and dwelling on this great American holiday, so I figured I’d jot down some thoughts. In no particular order:
- Most of the country is taking the weekend off to celebrate WHAT they are thankful for. What an incredible opportunity to show for WHOM we are thankful.
- Romans 1:21 – For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
- Thankfulness is generally a response to the provision of someone else and is a recognition of dependence. The greater the provision, the deeper the gratitude. The gospel is the greatest provision humanity has ever known.
- I tend to be more thankful for the physical blessings I have received than the provision of Jesus on the cross.
- Giving thanks is a natural component of worship.
- I’m thankful for new mercies each morning, because I am continually not thankful for what I ought to be.
Thank you Jesus for saving me, and I pray that is the legacy I leave in my family and my city.
One reply on “Giving Thanks”
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by toodus, toodus. toodus said: [blog] #fb: Giving Thanks http://bit.ly/4Lkwmm […]