I’m on a panel called “Making Disciples in the Church” for The Austin Stone’s Summer Conference.
Below are the questions I’m being asked (phrased from the point of a facilitator).
- How did you start making disciples?
- How did you find the person you are discipling?
- What prompted you to be intentional with that person?
- How did you do it?
- What did you say?
- What were the requirements on that person? Expectations?
- How did you ‘disciple’ them?
- What did the actual day in and day out with that person look like? How long?
- What was the result?
- How do you judge the success of that?
- How do you identify people to be intentional with?
- Where should I look to find these people?
- Do I need to be in a discipleship relationship myself?
- What’s the balance between building relationship and speaking truth?
- What if it doesn’t seem to be working out?
- What if they are totally different from me?
- Where’s the line between grace and discipline?
- What do you actually ‘do’ with them?
- How intentional do I have to be?
- How do you make a disciple if someone doesn’t want to be a disciple?
- When and how do I utilize off-ramps?
What would your responses be? I’ll post mine soon…