Here are some random thoughts and anecdotes for Friday:
- GTB decided to go on sleep strike last night. He literally cried for five straight hours, and we have no idea why. He finally fell asleep at about 5 am, then woke up at 8 ready to go for the day. Weird.
- I’ve been thinking about forgiveness as I’m reading the first few chapters of This Momentary Marriage by John Piper. I’m convicted that I don’t often allow my forgiveness to be gospel-driven forgiveness, but it’s more of a dismissal and forgetfulness. More to come here…
- Twitter is a useful tool to connect with people, but it’s hard to manage when you start following a ton of people. To add to your insanity, you can follow me here.
- We hung out this morning at Kenny’s Coffee in our neighborhood, and there were a gaggle of moms there (and one dad too!). Neighborhood coffee joints are the place to connect with folks in suburbia, for sure.
- Sabbath rest restores your soul.
- I had forgotten what a normal week felt like. We only had two commitments during the nights of the week, and my days were balanced with only a few meetings and ample time to work.
- College students in general are thirsty for adult investment and leadership. They earnestly desire discipleship and mentorship, and will do things you never expect just to be around some adults. They serve harder than anyone in our body too.
That’s all I’ve got for now. Enjoy.